Target group: older kindergarten age group, students of basic schools and secondary schools
Duration: 60–90 min
We will also learn about the kinds of goods transported with barges and how travellers crossed the river. We will watch a film about the history of road construction and calculate the differences of a verst, mile and kilometre. We will learn about the historical network of postal stations in Estonia by playing the game “Across Estonia in a post coach”. We will also learn about the pros and cons of the horse era, and discuss how and where Estonians used to travel.
- Winter roads – sleigh rides in the snow
- Hanseatic trade – transporting goods on barges
- Can’t cross the Emajõgi river, build a bridge!
- The muddy era of road construction obligation
- Postal stations – gas stations of the olden times
- Horse era
- Train rides save you time
- Estonians on wheels
- A window opens to the world
Programme fee 4€ for preschool and 6€ for students (includes entry ticket).
Tel: +372 511 7440
Tel: +372 5330 2641